In line with our Better Banking commitment, a random password is sent via SMS to a pre-registered mobile phone, protecting your funds and, better still, adding another layer of online security.
On 1 August 2013 Police Credit Union increased Internet Banking security by introducing mandatory SMS One Time Password for all online, external transfers including BPAY®. This authentication tool involves a randomly generated password being sent via SMS text message to a pre-registered mobile phone. With an SMS One Time Password you receive added banking security benefits including:
- Free and additional online security
- Notification of any unauthorised payment attempts from your account
- Ability to transfer funds in excess of our standard limit
- Pre-authenticate your regular billers and payees
This mandatory authentication process will help protect your funds when transacting online.
Registering for SMS One Time Password is easy!
To register for SMS One Time Password, follow these simple steps.
- Register for online banking. Not registered? Call 1300 131 844.
- Make sure you have supplied Police Credit Union with your mobile telephone number to receive your free SMS OTP. Mobile number not listed? Call 1300 131 844.
- Login to internet banking.
- Click “My Preferences” > “Security Option” > “Request”.
- Select your mobile number from the drop down list.
- Confirm that you agree with the Terms & Conditions.
- Click “Request” > “OK” to confirm your request > “Finish”.
Subscribe today and protect your money
If you have any questions, please call us during business hours on 1300 131 844
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, you can always drop in to your local branch and one of our friendly staff can help you.