Make easy and secure purchases with just a touch.
Smarten up your smart phone with another way to pay.
Download Android Pay™ and add your card to start making simple, secure purchases today.
Now you can tap and pay with your phone using Android Pay, the new app that offers a smarter way to pay.
Tap. Pay. Done. It’s that easy.
You don’t even need to open the app – simply wake your device by tapping the home or power button to pay in person with a tap of your phone.
You can use Android Pay wherever contactless payments are accepted. For transactions over $100 you will need to enter your PIN at the terminal. To make in-app purchases select the Android Pay icon at the checkout.
How it works
Android Pay offers a smart way to make fast purchases with compatible credit or debit cards, across all Android devices that is both simple and secure. Android Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment – so your card details stay safe. You’ll know exactly when and where your transactions occur – making it easy to catch any suspicious activity. And if your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can instantly lock your device from anywhere, secure it with a new password, and wipe it clean of your personal information.
Whether you’re in-store or in-app – with Android Pay, a simple and secure checkout is always just a phone tap away!
It’s as easy as…
Download the free Android Pay™ app from the Google Play Store
Add your Police Credit Union card
3. TAP & PAY
No need to launch the app – simply wake your device to:
Pay in person with a tap of your phone wherever contactless payments are accepted. For transactions over $100 you will need to enter your PIN at the terminal
Pay in-app by selecting ‘Buy with Android Pay’
Download NOW and add your Police Credit Union cards.
How does the Android Pay™ app work?
Android Pay is a free app that allows you to pay with your card with a tap of your phone while enjoying the same benefits and protection of your physical card. Add an eligible credit/debit card and you’re ready to tap and pay for purchases. Use Android Pay™ in participating mobile apps and anywhere contactless payments are accepted. To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/androidpay.
Is using my card in the Android Pay app safe?
Yes. Android Pay has a number of security features:
- Your physical card number is not stored on your phone
- Just like a contactless transaction with your card, Android Pay will not work for purchases over $100 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager to instantly lock your device, or even wipe it clean of any personal information
- You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorised transactions the same as when using your physical card
How do I get the Android Pay app?
You can get the Android Pay app for free if you have:
- An Android Pay compatible smartphone with NFC technology that lets your phone transmit data to the payment terminal at checkout
- Android KitKat 4.4 or above operating system. To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/androidpay
Can all NFC-enabled smartphones work with Android Pay?
All smartphones that are enabled with NFC technology, have Android KitKat 4.4 or above operating system and have an Australian carrier, are compatible with Android Pay.
How do I pay using Android Pay?
- Wake your phone by tapping the home or power button
- Hold the back of your smartphone over the contactless symbol at checkout when prompted by the cashier
- If the transaction is over $100 you will need to enter your card PIN at the terminal
- Confirm with the merchant that the Android Pay transaction has been accepted and collect your receipt
- To make a purchase in a mobile app, select Android Pay at checkout. Your card and address details will be automatically added