Police Credit Union is Open and Committed to Providing Customer Service
20 March 2020
Following the World Health Organisation’s recent pandemic declaration of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Police Credit Union has maintained pandemic response plans, activated as a precautionary measure on 7 February 2020. Even in these uncertain times and despite these measures, Police Credit Union branches are open, and the organisation is committed to not only ensuring the safety of our employees and customers but still providing the same high level of personal service as always.
The safety and welfare of our employees, customers, and many other stakeholders are paramount, and our response and escalation activities continue to be based on the ongoing guidance and most up-to-date advice of health authorities.
Police Credit Union can safely confirm that to date, there have been no cases of COVID-19 amongst the organisation, however we will continue with our current response and containment measures which include:
- Customers and employees who are feeling unwell, will not be allowed entry to our locations.
- Face to face business development will be minimised in favour of personal phone calls, video calls and email.
- Employees and all visitors to branches are participating in mandatory non-intrusive temperature checks prior to entering our locations.
- Corporate travel has been cancelled and as per Australian Government instructions, any employee who travels overseas will be self-quarantined and must be deemed fit by medical authorities to return to work.
- Daily reminders to employees and customers of the importance of strict hygiene practices and other preventative measures such as maintaining social distances (approximately 2 metres).
- Escalated daily cleaning and disinfectant protocols across our various locations. Disinfectant, hand sanitisers and masks are available at all locations.
- Educating our customers on alternative options they can consider for their banking and other transactions.
As the most recognised credit union brand in South Australia, we have already made significant enhancements to our Online Banking and transaction platforms so our customers can confidently use these services and complete the vast majority of their various banking needs online from the convenience of their home, office or elsewhere.
Our customers can securely access their money 24/7 with Online Banking at www.policecu.com.au, our Banking App, IVY Phone Banking or by calling our Contact Centre on 1300 131 844 during business hours. With convenient and safe access options such as Fast Payments, PayWave, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay, our customers can transfer money quickly or ‘tap and go’ payments to reduce the need to handle physical money. Customers who regularly transact in branch will also be personally phoned for assistance for future transactions.
With phone and email technology, our customers can continue to gain assistance for loan applications, insurance policies, setting up new term deposits and savings accounts, general transactional banking and can be set up with access options. New loan applications can be submitted via our website.
Police Credit Union will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond in the best interests of our customers and employees. Our strength as a secure financial organisation is our ability to adapt, whilst providing high levels of service and personal assistance to our customers. For any queries, please call our Contact Centre 1300 131 844, we’re open and here to help.