Whatever your style of boat, you’ll want to make sure it’s protected.
That’s where Police Credit Union can help…
Whether you’re fishing, water skiing or just enjoying the view; hitting the water should be easy and fun. You want to know that if something happens to your boat or trailer, in or out of the water, Club Marine Insurance will take care of you.
Club Marine Pleasure Craft Insurance is there to protect you and to deliver a claims service you can trust, should the worst happen. Insurance benefits can include:
- Accidental damage cover for your boat, motor and trailer all in one policy
- Australia-wide cover, up to 250 nautical miles off the coast
- Up to $10,000 for fishing gear, skiing or diving equipment and tools on board (up to $1,500 per item)
- Up to $5,000 in Club Care Benefits to help you out in an emergency
- Salvage and Removal of Wreck costs in addition to the Sum Insured
- Broad and flexible range of cover options, including water-skiers liability, discounts for layup periods, racing cover and agreed values*
- Club Marine Assist – advice, assistance, directions, personal service and 24/7 claims lodgement service
- The Club Marine App, with exclusive member access to weather alerts, plus the ability to record incidents, lodge claims, and manage your policy
How to claim
To make an insurance claim online:
Online, any time in less than 10 minutes
The easiest and fastest way is via Club Marine’s online claim form, also available via the Club Marine App. You can submit your Boat Insurance claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever it suits you.
It takes less than 10 minutes to complete the online claim form, and once received, one of Club Marine’s friendly claims consultants will contact you within one business day of receiving your claim.
- Secure form
- No phone queues
- Immediate confirmation number for your reference
- You can submit your Boat Insurance claim form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Before you submit a claim
You’ll find that completing your online claim form is quicker if you have these details at hand before you start:
- Your policy information
- Information about the incident, such as the date, where the damage occurred etc.
- Details about the loss or damage you are claiming for
- Information about any other people, boats, vehicles or property involved
- Quotations for repairs, photographs of the damage, and any other documents that may be relevant
Over the phone
Alternatively, you can call Club Marine on 1300 00 CLUB (2582), and select option 3 for claims, and one of Club Marine’s friendly consultants will take you through the claims process.