Welcome to our new website. Learn more about this notice

Important COVID-19 information. Read more about this notice

Police Credit UnionGo to website homepage

HomeBuilder Grant

What is the HomeBuilder Grant?

This Australian Government initiative could help you build a new home or substantially renovate your current home…

HomeBuilder provides eligible Owner Occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 from the Australian Government to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. 

The time-limited grant program aims to assist the residential construction market bounce back from the Coronavirus crisis by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations this year.

Read more


To access HomeBuilder, Owner Occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • You are aged 18 years or older
  • You are an Australian citizen
  • You meet one of the following two income caps:
    – $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 taxable income or later; or
    – $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 taxable income or later
  • You enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either:
    – Build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000; or
    – Substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property (house and land) does not exceed $1.5 million (pre-renovation)
  • Construction must commence on or after 4 June and within three months of the contract date
  • Companies or trusts are not eligible for the grant

How to apply

If you live in South Australia, you can now apply for the HomeBuilder Grant through Revenue SA.

For those living in Northern Territory, you can find more information about the grant and how to apply on the Treasury website, where you can also view the HomeBuilder Fact Sheet. 

How can we help?