Despite the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the financial and personal well-being of our customers, as well as the health and safety of our employees, remains paramount. As always, Police Credit Union is committed to providing excellent customer service, whilst following the ongoing and most up-to-date advice of health authorities. Read about how we are focussed on helping our customers and team during this time.
Helping our customers
The health and well-being of our customers is paramount…
- Branches are open with enhanced cleaning and entry protocols.
- Contact Centre hours – our Contact Centre will be open from 8.45am – 11.45am on Saturdays if you would like personalised service over the phone.
- Online Banking, IVY Phone Banking, the Banking App and ATMs are all available for your banking needs.
- Our Relationship Managers will also continue to be here to help, just with a few measures in place to ensure the health of all involved. So, face to face interactions will be minimised in favour of phone or video conference and email.
- Bank with us over the phone – we can assist with loan applications, insurance policies, setting up new term deposits and savings accounts, general transactional banking and setting up your access options. You can also submit new loan applications via our website.
Visiting our branches
We know that you love our in branch service…
We are taking all necessary precautions to make sure you can continue to safely enjoy personal banking. Due to continued COVID-19 restrictions, all our branches are OPEN, but with limited numbers of customers allowed in branch at any one time.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect the health and safety of our people and our customers, please be aware of the following measures in branches:
- COVID Safe Check-In required for ALL Branches. As a condition of entry, please scan the QR code on display with your smartphone or complete the manual Contact Tracing Record at a branch teller.
- Mandatory and non-intrusive temperature checks using a thermal imaging camera will be carried out at ALL branches prior to entry. Please note the floor stand at the entrance of our branches with clear instructions to guide you through the process.
- A maximum number of customers will be allowed in a branch at any one time – please read the signage upon entering a branch, as each branch’s maximum capacity will vary depending on size.
- Social distancing applies at all times – our floor stickers will assist you with this!
- Increased daily cleaning and disinfectant practices.
- Masks will need to be worn at all times.
- Disinfectant, hand sanitisers and masks are available at all branches.
Further to this, please let us assist you with our other access channels and DO NOT enter a branch if you:
- are unwell or experiencing flu like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose);
- have been to one of the COVID-19 listed hotspots;
- have come into close contact or live with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19;
- have come into contact with someone who has travelled from overseas, interstate or from a closed border area in the last 14 days;
- have travelled from overseas, interstate or from a closed border area and should be in mandatory isolation; or
- have a temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Help for home loan customers
We know that some of you may be experiencing financial difficulty due to COVID-19…
We want to do what we can to assist, so have introduced the following:
- Defer your scheduled loan repayments for up to 3 months with a ‘loan repayment pause’
- Consider changing loan repayments from Principal and Interest to Interest Only repayments
- Look to restructure your loan, in many cases associated fees will be waived
If you do find yourself experiencing financial difficulty during this time, we encourage you to contact us as soon as you can, so we can assess your unique situation and provide you with the appropriate solution. You can download a Loan Repayment Pause Request Form.
Access your money
Our customers can securely access their money 24/7 with Online Banking at www.policecu.com.au, our Banking App, IVY Phone Banking or by calling our Contact Centre on 1300 131 844 during business hours. With convenient and safe access options such as Fast Payments, PayWave, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay, our customers can transfer money quickly or ‘tap and go’ payments to reduce the need to handle physical money.
Tip: have you tried Secure Messages? Write to us directly from your Banking App or Online Banking inbox and we’ll write back!