Before you go
Knowing how much you have to spend each day on your holiday means you will be able to travel in confidence. Put your mind at ease by:
- Estimating your daily costs
- Setting yourself a daily spend limit and sticking to it
- Booking activities, passes, day trips etc. in advance so you won’t have to worry about potentially forking out larger sums of money while you are away
Not only will planning ahead and budgeting make your trip more enjoyable, it will also make it easier when you return. Rather than dwelling on how much you spent while you were away, you can get straight back into the normal swing of things with no worries.
Don’t forget to get travel advice, including any travel warnings that may be in place, by heading to the government website, Smartraveller.
An extra handy travel tip: comparing the prices of flights, hotels and tours with travel websites can help you save!
Set yourself a savings goal in our Banking App. You can even track your progress with one click.
If you’re looking for an account to watch those savings go up and up, why not use our Focus Saver account to reach your goal.
It’s always a good idea to create a checklist before you head on any trip. You might remember the obvious like your passport, but have you checked:
- Exchange rates, organised a travel card or ordered foreign cash?
- Your phone can send and receive texts while overseas and have you downloaded the Police Credit Union Banking App so you can keep an eye on your accounts?
- All your cards’ expiry dates, and withdrawal or credit limits?
- Any fees and charges that might apply to your accounts if you use them overseas?
- Whether you will need a credit card at the hotels you have booked or for the rental car you have hired?
Let us know…
Travelling overseas? Let us know, so that our dedicated fraud team can keep an eye out for any suspicious activity on your accounts and credit cards while you are away. Plus, if you let us know you are jetting off, then we won’t misinterpret all that holiday spending and put a potential stop on your card.
Find out more about our Guardian Fraud Protection Service.
Use Secure Messages via our Banking App to get in touch with us regarding your travel dates and where you are heading.
Don’t leave without…
Load up to 11 currencies and use it at millions of locations worldwide everywhere Mastercard® is accepted. Load, spend and top up your card on the go, so you’re always in control.
Load, reload and spend to your limit!
In partnership with Travelex, the world’s largest foreign exchange specialist, we offer you an extensive range of foreign cash. There are over 50 currencies available, with a choice of denominations available for most currencies. Orders will normally be available for pick up at your local branch within 48 to 72 hours (subject to branch location). For added convenience, we can even purchase back your left over currency (if you haven’t spent it all!).
In an emergency
Lost or stolen card
- Lock a lost or stolen card in the Police Credit Union Banking App
- If you find your card, you can unlock it again, too
- Alternatively, call the Visa Hotline on +61 2 8299 9101 wherever you are in the world, they process lost or stolen card reports 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Contact us overseas
- Call +61 8 8208 5761 (if you’re calling our Contact Centre using your mobile, roaming charges may apply)