Our COVID-19 response. Learn more about this notice

Beware - Prepaid card scams are active. Learn more about this notice

Police Credit UnionGo to website homepage

Contents Insurance for Renters

Getting the right cover for your contents while you live in somebody else's property is easy.

Our Contents Insurance for Renters has a great range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs.

  • Save up to 10% on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new contents policy online1,4
  • You may qualify for up to 30% No Claim Bonus 3,4
  • Option to increase your excess which may reduce your premium5
  • Pay by the month at no extra cost6

Why Contents Insurance for Renters?

Getting the right cover for your contents while you live in somebody else’s property is easy with Police Credit Union Contents Insurance for Renters.

If you are renting, have you considered how much it would cost to replace all the contents in your home if they were destroyed by fire7 or storm? Or in the event of theft or burglary? Police Credit Union Contents Insurance for Renters can help you protect your belongings from loss or damage caused by insured events such as fire7, theft and storm.

  • Cover for your belongings from damage caused by fire7, theft and storm
  • Cover for contents intended to be kept outside, like your barbeque, outdoor furniture and children’s play equipment up to $2,000 in total

Choose your cover

The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim. Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a Contents Insurance for Renters policy. For full details of the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS before making a decision to purchase the insurance. The Home Contents Key Fact Sheet (KFS) also sets out some information about the cover.

Select the cover to suit your needs (effective date 22 February 2021).

Read more

Home Contents Calculator

Home Contents Replacement Calculator

It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. If you don’t have enough cover, you could end up having to cover some of the costs yourself. Remember, Allianz will only pay up to the amount of your loss or the sum insured, whichever is the lesser (subject to the policy terms and conditions) – so you should also be careful not to over insure. That’s why we’ve provided this calculator. It works as a guide to help you estimate the replacement value of your home contents.

Value my contents 

Make a claim

To lodge a Contents Insurance claim

Online, any time
A convenient way to lodge a Contents Insurance claim is via the online claim form. You can commence submitting your Contents Insurance claim notification 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

All you need to do is complete the online claim form. Once it is lodged, a friendly claims consultant will contact you as soon as possible.

  • Secure form
  • No phone queues
  • Immediate confirmation number for your reference

Over the phone

You can call the claims hotline on 1300 555 030 and a consultant will help you commence the claims process.

Policy documents and Key Fact Sheets

We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please refer to the Home Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) any applicable supplementary PDS and Home Contents Key Fact Sheet also available for reference.