Insure your house, the things inside it, your portable contents or your investment property. With products and options to tailor your cover, you can select the right product for you.
- Save up to 10% on your first year’s premium when you quote and buy a new home insurance policy online1,4
- 24/7 online claims lodgement
- Combine your buildings and contents cover to receive up to 10% discount on your premium2,4
- Pay by the month at no extra cost6
Combining Buildings and Contents Covers on the one policy
Get cover for your home buildings and your contents by combining Buildings and Contents Covers on the one policy. If you take both Buildings and Contents Insurance here’s how they can work together if the unexpected occurs:
- Your house burns down. You could lose all your buildings, and everything in them. With adequate sums insured under Buildings and Contents Covers, you could rebuild and replace your insured belongings.
- A fire damages your kitchen. You could repair or rebuild built-in damaged parts of your kitchen, such as bench tops, with Buildings Cover. Then you could replace damaged items like blinds and kitchenware under your Contents Cover.
- A thief smashes your window, breaks the lock and steals your belongings. You can fix the window and lock through your Buildings Cover and replace the items that were stolen under your Contents Cover.
Plus, you will only have to pay the applicable excess(es) once in respect of any single claim if your buildings and contents are damaged by the same insured event.
Choose your cover
The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim. Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a Building and Contents Insurance policy. For full details of the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS before making a decision to purchase the insurance. The Home Buildings and Home Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) also sets out some information about the cover.
Home Insurance Calculators
It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. If you don’t have enough cover, you could end up having to cover some of the costs yourself. Remember, Allianz will only pay up to the amount of your loss or the sum insured, whichever is the lesser (subject to the policy terms and conditions) – so you should also be careful not to over insure. That’s why we’ve provided these calculators. They work as guides to help you estimate the replacement value of your home building and contents.
Home Building Replacement Calculator
Home Contents Replacement Calculator
Make a claim
What do I do if I need to make a Home and Contents Insurance claim?
It’s important to…
Do what you reasonably can to prevent any further loss, damage or liability. Tell the police as soon as reasonably possible about any malicious damage, theft, attempted theft, burglary or loss of insured property.
Over the phone
Contact the Claims Call Centre on 1300 555 030 and advise the Claims Consultant of what has happened. The Claims Consultant will help you through the Home and Contents Insurance claims process.
In order to be sure that you are covered under this policy you should always contact Allianz for approval before you incur expenses you wish to claim. If you do not, Allianz will pay for expenses incurred to the amount Allianz would have authorised had you asked Allianz first.
Policy Documents and Key Fact Sheets
We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please refer to the relevant Home Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) any applicable supplementary PDS and Home Buildings or Home Contents Key Fact Sheet/s also available for reference.