From 29 March 2024, our payment services partner will no longer support Police Credit Union in providing cheque services to our Members. This major change affects several credit unions and other financial institutions, as cheque use has decreased significantly. This means our Members will no longer be able to issue any cheques from a Police Credit Union cheque book from 29 March 2024, all Police Credit Union cheques must be presented before this date and there will be changes to how cheques can be deposited.
- After 31 October 2023, Police Credit Union will no longer be accepting orders for new and replacement cheque books.
- Any outstanding cheques from a Police Credit Union cheque book MUST BE PRESENTED before 29 March 2024. After this date, they will not be valid and, if presented, they will not be paid.
- Police Credit Union will continue to accept other financial institution cheques for deposit at our branches until 25 November 2024.
What happens after 29 March 2024?
You will still be able to:
- Deposit cheques from other financial institutions over the counter at Police Credit Union branches until 25 November 2024.
- Deposit cheques at over 3,500 Australia Post outlets via Bank@Post using your Police Credit Union Visa Debit or Extralite card and PIN. The name on the cheque must match the name on the card and fees apply if the cheque is subsequently dishonoured. Extra personal identification may be required e.g. a valid and current driver’s licence or passport.
You will NOT be able to:
- Write cheques from a Police Credit Union cheque book. These cannot be honoured for payments through your account.
Please contact us if you require assistance.
Alternatives to using cheques
Although we will not be able to offer cheque services, our branch staff will happily offer FREE over the counter withdrawals, payment transfers and bill payments. They can also guide you to transfer funds and pay bills using Online Banking at policecu.com.au or via the Police Credit Union Banking App.
We understand this change may require some transition and assistance from our team will be required, so we will continue to offer convenient transfer and payment options that you can access face to face or securely online, 24/7.