Join our team and experience a workplace committed to investing in its people, strengthening its positive culture and delivering a customer experience second to none. We believe our people are our biggest asset and we aim to get the right people in the right roles, ensuring that we are building a high performing and engaged team.
Since 1970, Police Credit Union has helped South Australians and Territorians achieve their financial dreams. Now with seven branches across SA and NT, and as the most recognised credit union in South Australia, we are proud to have over 40,000 Members who Bank On Us for our highly competitive and award-winning products and services.
With a Customer Satisfaction score of 92.7%% and an Employee Engagement Score of 92.46%, we’re not only a credit union of choice but also a place where people love to work. We are particularly proud of the part we’ve played in many of our employees’ careers by imparting newly learned skills and, assisting with progression into different roles, including management positions.
We are committed to providing traditional face-to-face banking and a South Australian based call centre, as well as innovative and secure digital products. With a strong focus on supporting the emergency services and wider community including environmental initiatives – we’ve been proudly carbon neutral since 2018. We have long-standing partnerships with a variety of influential South Australian and Territorian not-for-profits.
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire people from all different backgrounds and experience levels. We recognise that a diverse, engaged and united team makes us stronger. We embrace diversity and inclusivity, and we hope you do too.
Our employees are an integral part of Police Credit Union. As an employer, we commit to:
- Our values of honesty, integrity, financial prudence and superior service
- A focus on our Members and delivering a customer experience that is second to none
- Strong governance, ethics and transparency
- Openness, trust and autonomy
- Genuinely caring for the health, safety and wellbeing of our people
- A strong passion for gender diversity and inclusion of employees with disability within the workplace
- Caring for, recognising and acknowledging employees
- Engagement, commitment and teamwork; and
- Involvement and support of community and environment activities
Find out more about:
Benefits of working with us
We know that if our employees are engaged and fulfilled within their workplace, our Members benefit. Happy staff equals happy Members. So, it’s important to us that we recognise our staff for their outstanding achievements, as well as offer a range of sweet perks.
As an employee, you can expect the following remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive remuneration with annual pay reviews and generous annual bonuses
- Five – yes, five weeks of annual leave for full time staff!
- Purchased leave opportunities
- Monthly incentives for reaching team-based goals
- Monthly internal awards for those who go above and beyond
- Opportunities for hybrid work from home arrangements
- Annual Scholarship Program
- Events such as our annual Staff Celebration Night where we reward and celebrate our staff and their achievements
- Length of Service Awards
- One paid volunteering day (we will pay for you to spend a day giving back to the community you love)
- Professional development and career opportunities, from traineeships to on the job coaching, to scholarships for higher learning
- Access to corporate health cover plans through Police Health
- Discounted loans and insurance (we’re talking about some good rates and benefits above our already competitive pricing)
- Internal wellbeing program, including financial education
- Employee Assistance Program which provides free counselling sessions to support your wellbeing, as well as your immediate family members
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- A Social Club for those who wish to join – enjoy regular group lunches, Police Credit Union’s Family Fun Day and Christmas Party, plus the opportunity to win tickets to sporting events and other events such as the Adelaide Fringe throughout the year
Learning and development
At Police Credit Union you don’t just work with us, you learn with us and grow with us. We want to nurture our staff as they develop their skills. So, we provide a range of programs and training opportunities to support career development.
Our employees can expect:
- Regular and specific on the job training
- Career development opportunities
- Complete and ongoing training in lending, insurance and banking products and services (retail staff only)
- The opportunity to apply for study assistance and paid scholarships
- Contribution in leadership development programs for emerging and existing leaders
- The opportunity to become involved in a change management/project management capability program
Additional to this, Police Credit Union also work with:
- SA Government Youth Jobs Path program to encourage youth employment
- Barkuma to provide work experience and opportunities for individuals with a disability
Traineeships combine flexible employment and practical training whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. Past/current traineeships have included:
- Cert III in Financial Services
- Cert III in Information Technology
- Cert III in Business
What our staff say about us
Senior Compliance & Risk Analyst
Started January 1996
I have been with Police Credit Union for 27 years – that in itself tells you that I enjoy working for Police Credit Union.
The thing that really stands out working here, is that it’s like a little family. It is not a big company where most of the Senior Management wouldn’t know who you are, but here you get to know who everyone is from senior staff through to our regular members.
I have seen Police Credit Union grow over the last 27 years, through the technology we use, to the products and services we provide our members, the training we have due to the vast legislative changes that are occurring. I can definitely say, there are no boring days here.
Started November 2018
As soon as I stepped foot in the door at Police Credit Union, I knew they regarded employee satisfaction highly.
The more you settle in, the more you become a part of the Police Credit Union family, the friendly and welcoming nature of all the departments is something that would be hard to rival or replicate.
Internal recognition is encouraged with monthly and annual awards for those who go above and beyond, so there is always a constant sense of gratitude for the work that you are doing on a day-to-day basis.
IT Support Officer
Started June 2020
Since joining Police Credit Union, I have been encouraged to constantly seek growth and development in my chosen field.
As an IT Support Officer, I have been provided with opportunities to complete my Certificate 3 and pursue my Certificate 4 in Information Technology. I am determined to use the skills I have gained to help the Police Credit Union provide the very best customer experience for both our staff and Members.