Join our team and experience a workplace committed to investing in its people, strengthening its positive culture and delivering a customer experience second to none. We believe our people are our biggest asset and we aim to get the right people in the right roles, ensuring that we are building a high performing and engaged team.
We are a proud Credit Union, servicing more than 40,000 happy Members. With seven branches across SA and NT and dedicated Relationship Managers, we offer a full range of comprehensive and competitive banking products including award-winning home loans, car loans, personal loans and credit cards, as well as savings accounts and general insurance products.
With our strong focus on social responsibility, hundreds of employee hours are donated to support important community and environmental initiatives each year. Plus, after committing to reducing our carbon emissions by five percent each year, we proudly reached 100% carbon neutral status in 2018 – two years ahead of schedule.
Our employees are an integral part of Police Credit Union. As an employer, we can commit to:
- Our values of honesty, integrity, financial prudence and superior service
- A focus on our Members and delivering a customer experience that is second to none
- Strong governance, ethics and transparency
- Openness, trust and autonomy
- Genuinely caring for the health, safety and wellbeing of our people
- A strong passion for gender diversity and inclusion of employees with disability within the workplace
- Caring for, recognising and acknowledging employees
- Engagement, commitment and teamwork; and
- Involvement and support of community and environment activities
Find out more about:
I have been with Police Credit Union for 26 years – that in itself tells you that I enjoy working for Police Credit Union. The thing that really stands out working here, is that it’s like a little family. It is not a big company where most of the Senior Management wouldn’t know who you are, but here you get to know who everyone is from senior staff through to our regular members.
I have seen Police Credit Union grow over the last 26 years, through the technology we use, to the products and services we provide our members, the training we have due to the vast legislative changes that are occurring. I can definitely say, there are no boring days here.Krys, Senior Compliance & Risk Analyst, started in January 1996
Benefits of working with us
We know that if our employees are engaged and fulfilled within their workplace, our Members benefit. Happy staff equals happy Members. So, it’s important to us that we recognise our staff for their outstanding achievements, as well as offer a range of other benefits.
As an employee, you can expect the following remuneration and benefits:
- Competitive remuneration with annual pay reviews and bonus scheme
- Monthly incentives for reaching team-based goals
- Monthly internal awards for those who go above and beyond
- Annual Scholarship Program
- Events such as our annual Staff Celebration Night where we reward and celebrate our staff and their achievements, including awards for individual high achievers and teams and many more
- Length of Service Awards
- 26 days of annual leave per year for full time employees and the option to purchase leave above the standard leave entitlements
- One day of paid leave to participate in volunteering opportunities and community engagement activities
- Access to corporate health cover plans through Police Health
- Staff discounts on banking and insurance products and services
- An Employee Access Program providing support for staff and their immediate family when required
- Annual flu vaccinations
- A Social Club for those who wish to join – enjoy regular group lunches, Police Credit Union’s Family Fun Day and Christmas Party, plus the opportunity to win tickets to sporting events and other events such as the Adelaide Fringe throughout the year.
As soon as I stepped foot in the door at Police Credit Union, I knew they regarded employee satisfaction highly. The more you settle in, the more you become a part of the Police Credit Union family, the friendly and welcoming nature of all the departments is something that would be hard to rival or replicate.
Internal recognition is encouraged with monthly and annual awards for those who go above and beyond, so there is always a constant sense of gratitude for the work that you are doing on a day-to-day basis.Ben, Assistant Accountant, started in November 2018
Learning and development
We want to nurture our staff as they grow and develop their skills. So, we provide a range of programs and training opportunities to support career development.
Our employees can expect:
- Regular and specific on the job training
- Career development opportunities
- Complete and ongoing training in lending, insurance and banking products and services (retail staff only)
- The opportunity to apply for study assistance and paid scholarships
- Contribution in leadership development programs for emerging and existing leaders
- The opportunity to become involved in a change management/project management capability program
Additional to this, Police Credit Union also work with:
- SA Government Youth Jobs Path program to encourage youth employment
- Barkuma to provide work experience and opportunities for individuals with a disability
Traineeships combine flexible employment and practical training whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. Past/current traineeships have included:
- Cert III in Financial Services
- Cert III in Information Technology
- Cert III in Business
Since joining Police Credit Union in 2020, I have been encouraged to constantly seek growth and development in my chosen field. As an IT Support Officer, I have been provided with opportunities to complete my Certificate 3 and pursue my Certificate 4 in Information Technology. I am determined to use the skills I have gained to help the Police Credit Union provide the very best customer experience for both our staff and Members.Freu, IT Support Officer, started in June 2020