How does the Google PayTM app work?
Google Pay is a free app that allows you to pay with your Police Credit Union card with a tap of your phone while enjoying the same benefits and protection of your physical card. Add an eligible credit card and you’re ready to tap and pay for purchases. Use Google Pay in participating mobile apps and anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/googlepay.
Is using my Police Credit Union bank card in the Google Pay app safe?
Yes. Google Pay has a number of security features:
- Your physical card number is not stored on your phone
- Just like a contactless transaction with your Police Credit Union card, Google Pay will not work for purchases over $100 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager to instantly lock your device, or even wipe it clean of any personal information
- You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorised transactions the same as when using your physical card
How do I get the Google Pay app?
You can get the Google Pay app from Google Play for free if you have:
- An Android Pay compatible smartphone with NFC technology that lets your phone transmit data to the payment terminal at checkout
- Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 and above
To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/googlepay
Can all NFC-enabled smartphones work with Google Pay?
All smartphones that are enabled with NFC technology, are running Lollipop 5.0 or above and have an Australian carrier, are compatible with Google Pay.
How do I pay using Google Pay?
- Wake your phone by tapping the home or power button
- Hold the back of your smartphone over the contactless symbol at checkout when prompted by the cashier
- If the transaction is over $100 you will need to enter your card PIN at the terminal
- Confirm with the merchant that the Google Pay transaction has been accepted and collect your receipt
- To make a purchase in a mobile app, select Google Pay at checkout. Your Police Credit Union card and address details will be automatically added