Online retail stores are often the target of hackers, which can mean that your data stored on their sites can be easily leaked which could lead to unauthorised transactions. Please follow these tips to help protect your banking and make your online shopping experience safer:
- Regularly CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS for any suspicious and unauthorised transactions.
- Remember you can check your accounts 24/7 using Online Banking or our Banking App.
- REPORT ANY suspicious transactions ASAP, call us on 1300 131 844 or send us a Secure Message.
- Consider NOT saving your credit card or account details against your profile at online stores. Sometimes checking out as a guest is a good option.
- REGULARLY CHANGE your access passwords to your accounts for added security.
- DO NOT have the same password for your online shopping accounts as your Online Banking. Multiple passwords and logins across different platforms are safer.
- BE ALERT to any emails, text messages or phone calls with requests for personal or account information including access to devices.
- DO NOT respond to any requests from an organisation. Call the organisation requesting information on their publicly listed phone number.
- Only shop at websites owned by well known reputable brands. If a website doesn’t look legitimate, STOP and consider shopping with a company at their store.
We are happy to help, for any queries or questions, please call us on 1300 131 844. Members can also send us a Secure Message using the Inbox in Online Banking or the Banking App.
For more information about how you can protect yourself, please view our Security information.