Beans is a better savings account because it rewards your kids and teens.
It’s all about your kids understanding the value of saving, while allowing them to buy things with their own money. And the earlier, the better.
I want, I want!
Sound familiar? If you ask any kid what they want for their birthday or Christmas, you’re likely to hear wishes ranging from toys to an iPad, a new mobile phone, more clothes or even a new car! A Beans Savings Account can teach your kids the value of money.
A better Beans Account is…
A savings account for kids and teens, because all of the features are geared towards teaching the value and discipline of saving, plus helping them achieve their dreams more quickly:
- No monthly account keeping fees
- No minimum balance – start as small as you like!
- Earn up to 1.75% P.A. interest each month – automatic 0.30% P.A. base interest on all balances plus a bonus 1.45% P.A. interest when you deposit a minimum of $10 and make no withdrawals within a calendar month. Encouraging a better way to save!
- Unlimited free withdrawals over the counter, so when they’ve reached their goal they’re not penalised for their hard work!
- Direct deposit – Payroll splits, pocket money, birthday and Christmas gifts can be deposited directly into the account making it great for friends, parents and grandparents!
- Free coin deposits for kids to bring in their piggy banks!
How much will my child save with Beans?
Use our Savings Goal Calculator* to find out. Simply enter the amount you’ll be starting your account with, how much you plan to add to it and how long you’ll be saving for.
Remember – if your child deposits a minimum of $10 each calendar month and doesn’t make any withdrawals, they can earn bonus interest! View the current Interest Rates for Beans.
Better Beans Downloads!
Download our better Beans fun page here.