Visa payWave has quickly become Australia’s leading, contactless transfer technology.
Whether buying a loaf of bread at your local supermarket, a coffee from a cafe or something for the home at the local hardware store, Visa payWave offers an easy and convenient method of payment at a variety of locations.
- For purchases under $100 simply wave and go – no signature, no PINs#
- For purchases over $100, just enter your PIN to authorise the transaction
You’ll also have the multi-layered security of Visa’s ‘Zero Liability’ Policy^ behind you and transactions are covered by our Guardian Fraud Protection Service*, protecting you from fraudulent or unauthorised transactions.
The key features of Visa payWave:
- Fast and convenient
- No need for PIN
- No fumbling for change
- Available for purchases under $100 for up to ten transactions per day
- Maximum Visa payWave spend of $400 per day
- Option to “Opt out” of Visa payWave functionality
Why is Visa payWave safe to use?
Safe – transaction controls limit the number and amount of Visa payWave transactions that can be completed each day, plus transactions can’t be accidentally duplicated
Secure – with Visa payWave, your card’s magnetic strip can’t be copied and your PIN can’t be captured
NFC (near-field communication) Technology – the chip is a computer involved in the transaction, not just a memory that can be copied