What is SMS One Time Password?
A One Time Password (OTP) is a time-limited password sent via SMS to a pre-registered mobile number. These help to protect your funds online, because even if someone is able to gain access to your Online Banking they won’t have your SMS OTP and are unable to complete external transactions.
NEVER share an SMS OTP with ANYONE – including Police Credit Union staff or Police. Some scammers will claim to have ‘sent you an SMS OTP’, when it was really generated by our systems in response to them transacting on your account. Don’t help scammers process transfers from your account.
How SMS One Time Password works
Each time you want to perform an applicable online payment you’ll need to enter your SMS OTP by first clicking ‘get SMS’ and then entering the OTP sent to your nominated mobile number. Simply enter the OTP, select ‘pay now’ and your transaction will be processed.
Register for SMS One Time Password
- Register for Online Banking. Not registered? Call 1300 131 844
- Supply your mobile number to receive your free SMS OTP
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click Settings > Setup Security Options > Request
- Select your mobile number from the drop-down list. If your mobile number isn’t showing, add it via Contact Details
- Click Request > Submit (to confirm your request)